Adobe CS6 Graphics Project
As one of your projects, you must follow the instructions I will post below to learn and work in the Adobe Creative Suite, using Photoshop and Illustrator. In the future, I will post a video demonstrating what you must do. Your work must be saved on the Public network disk, in the Graphics Project folder, inside a folder with your name.
To do this work, you must use the Adobe software avialble on all NIC 5F Media Center computers. There are two computers on the 5th floor of LCJ which also have CS6; you can use those as well.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Photoshop
This lesson teaches you the basic of Photoshop CS6. You will learn the basic interface of Photoshop, and how to open, crop, resize, and save an image.
- A folder named Adobe Lesson 1 (you create it)
- An image of yourself (see instructions)
- A second image you produce
- Lesson 1 Instructions (PDF, 713 KB)
Lesson 2: Layers, Selections, Copy & Paste
This lesson teaches you a few basic ways to select, copy, paste, and use layers in an image in Photoshop.
- A folder named Adobe Lesson 2 (you create it)
- The image wedding.jpg (JPG, 13.4 MB; right-click the link to download, or click the link and then save the image)
- The image pontaball.jpg (JPG, 4.2 MB; right-click the link to download, or click the link and then save the image)
- A third image you produce
- Lesson 2 Instructions (PDF, 101 KB)
- Adobe Lesson 2 (watch while doing this project lesson)
Lesson 3: Color Adjustments
This lesson teaches you a few basic ways to change or improve the colors in images in Photoshop.
- Lesson 3 Instructions (PDF, 85 KB)
- Adobe Lesson 3 (watch before and/or while doing this project lesson)
Lesson 4: Using Styles
This lesson teaches you how to use Styles in Photoshop.
- A folder named Adobe Lesson 4 (you create it)
- The image design.psd (PSD (Photoshop) file, 142 KB; right-click the link to download, or click the link and then save the image)
- The Styles file named artcom.asl, located on the Public server, inside the CPS100 folder, inside the Graphics Project folder.
- Lesson 4 Instructions (PDF, 556 KB)